Most therapists at Mandala can direct bill Pacific Blue Cross, Green Shield, Canada Life, Sun Life, Manulife, Johnson Group/Maximum Benefits, Chamber of Commerce, Empire Life (massage only currently), and CoOperaters. Every policy is a little bit different, so it is best to check with your insurance company about what your coverage is. Some key questions are:
- Do I need a doctor's prescription?
- Do I have a deductible?
- What is my yearly maximum?
- Can my therapist direct bill my insurance?
- If you have coverage with Sun Life and are wanting Acupuncture, please ask them if a Registered Acupuncturist can perform the treatment, or if it has to be a Medical Doctor.
Thank you for serving our country!
We are happy to be able to direct bill all of these insurances.
Please have the following with you on your first appointment:
- CAF- Get the base hospital to fax us a requisition for treatment.
- VAC- Please have your 'K number' and a doctor's referral indicating the pensionable area of treatment and the desired treatment modality... i.e. acupuncture and/or massage therapy
- RCMP- Please bring a doctor's referral indicating the area/reason of treatment.
Acupuncture, Massage Therapy and Counselling are automatically approved if you are injured in an accident during the first 12 weeks following your accident. Please call the office for more information.
At this time, none of our therapists directly bill WCB. If you have a WCB claim, you would pay us and then
submit the invoice to WCB for payment. *Please note that WCB will not reimburse you the full amount.*